Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rainy Sundays and no pancakes

No pic today. I was going to take a pic of my 'pannekoek' (South African pancakes - crepes in Australia) sadly when trying to make them the batter was just not right and not a single pancake appeared. And that was not for lack of trying, I tried adding more flour to the batter etc etc. Just not my day in the kitchen coz then I burnt poor Jos' chicken nuggets. Actually all day I just did not feel like myself. I should have had a backup pic though (having a case of deja vu right now writing that??!!) perhaps my new dress I wore to church this morning or the refreshing, cooling rain that has been sprinkling down all day.


So sadly folks that is all for today. And so the week begins. Jos' has 3 days in daycare this week, hubby and I are back at work from this week and so as teachers, the year officially begins...so maybe the rest of those new years resolutions will kick in. Let's hope.

PS the mini series of 'The Slap' was a bit disappointing. They turn epic novels into one films, we made it through one episode and decided that was it for us. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and am happy to leave it there and not endure any further torture watching the slap in what seems to be slow motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment