Friday, January 20, 2012

Adventurous Friday















Joscelyn has an exercise book that goes with her to daycare as a means for the teachers and parents to communicate. Although it saddens me to think my little girl is growing independent of me, it also gives me peace of mind that she is making progress. Today when I dropped her off I put her down on the floor and she crawled off to investigate a toy (she usually clings to my leg while I pop her lunch box in the fridge and bag down. Today she went to inspect a ball with a bell in it. She still cried when I left but when I arrived to fetch her (and like Wedneday, it was another long day) she didnt cry nor did she protest when I put her down to pack her goodies back ito her bag. Today's message even read that she was adventurous. It is only day 5, but up until now she has either clung onto to whoever has been holding her or sat in the pram watching the other kids, not wanting to play with the stuff there, but today she did. Unlike the other day when she wailed a lot. She napped reasonably well, didn't perform as much when they changed her nappy and seemed far more content. I am sure there will be good and bad days, but I am pleased that she is getting used to it, despite the fact that I am sad that she may find comfort in others.
Have a happy weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment