Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Milkshakes and celebrities




Overall a good day. Went to the market, very hot so happily went into a coffee shop that advertised yummy milkshakes. I had a chocolate one and hubby had a lime one, baby napped in her pram. As you can see quite a lot the glass was full plus the metal jug was full to the brim too. Needless to say i did not finish it. Seems I am getting older and wider as opposed to wiser LOL. the milkshake was yummy but what saddens me is that by giving me so much, if I were to drink it all I would feel yucky and all enjoyment would be lost. I know we probably complain too much, but I did feel that by giving me too much I am robbed of the yumminess because we dont want to waster, besides we paid for it, but I decided to not have it all and enjoy the feeling rather than have it all and feel bloated and uncomfortable (not to mention that i already feel a bit like an elephant...the new years resolutions in this department are taking a while oopsie)

That could be my irk for the day, although I did feel somewhat disturbed by the golden rocking horse and carriage bed or something Beyonce got for her little one. Oh and a diamond studded or something ridiculous like that high chair. Um, have you people never met a baby? What good is it going to do the kid anyway? They probably wont remember and from a young age they are given more than they could ever dream of, so when they get older appreciating just the little things will seem so foreign to them. I feel these parents are robbing their children of reality, enjoyment and thrill. We all (well most of us) what is best for our children and we will never be perfect parents but love is important, teaching children that the value of life is not to desire material possessions but to find joy within (and in God) Sorry celebs, but some of you have lost the plot. Gone are the days when an ice cream or take away hamburger are the highlight of your day or week. Sadly we are breeding some very unappreciative, 'wanting' kids and we are robbing them of their right to find happiness on their doorstep. Childhood may feel long as a kid but lasts or such a short time, let your child enjoy it, simply!

That's all for me. Tomorrow is day 2 of daycare...dread!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment