Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Finding Sarah















This is my new work colleague, Sarah. I chose this as my photo for the day because every time I have started a new job there is a Sarah. 'Finding Sarah' might become my new mantra when starting a new job (or possibly asking if 'they have a Sarah' which will determone whether I will consider a job there or not :)). They seem to be like a 'security blanket', a friend waiting to happen, a smile in the crowd. I like Sarah's. Maybe I look for them or gravitate towards them because one of my bestest friends is a Sarah and she is one in a million. Seriously, a real gem. So my first shout out goes to my awesome friend Sarah in South Africa, who I miss like crazy! She always made dark days seem bright, made me laugh when I felt like crying and made me feel like a squillion bucks when I felt like a crumpled up five rand note. (Before there were five rand coins). Since meeting so many Sarah's I call this Sarah 'my Sarah'. Since moving to Australia and at 3 different schools I have met 3 different Sarah's all of whom have been warm and friendly. So to these Sarah's thanks for making my experiences in a new place seem less daunting and making the effort to brighten up my day. Sarah number 3 I only met yesterday but am pleased to announce that she has met the criteria (LOL if you are reading this new Sarah) and will be added to the list of delightful Sarah's. To 'my' Sarah, I am not replacing you, simply missing you and have discovered that Sarah's are in fact super people.

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading your blog page off and on, and today I was catching up on most of them :-) It's lovely to be able to know what you are going through even though you are so far away :-(
    Today you made my eyes mist up, miss you to Miss J! You have always been a GREAT friend, someone who will go out of their way to lend a hand or share a smile (or a laugh) - thanks Jax you are simply the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you so much too!!!! Wish we could spend some afternoons and coffee spoons together. Perhaps crash a bike? xx

    ReplyDelete