Thursday, January 5, 2012

How about that!




Now here is something I haven't seen in absolute ages! Twin yolks. There is definitely delight in the small things as much as in the big.

We are still in the throes of sorting out our house. We have a few goodies that need to be sent to the Salvo's so that is tomorrow's expedition. Clearing the clutter with a one year old take a bit longer but watching her being enthralled by boxes, papers, pegs and so forth is worth the extra time it takes. Children are fascinating and it is amazing to see how they are fascinated by what we may find dull and mundane. It definitely gives one perspective and has reminded me that I am sometimes so focused on getting the job done that I miss out on those small delights along the way. Perhaps I should add this to my list of new years resolutions. So far the blogging is going well, unfortunately the chocolates in the cupboard (that were meant to go away on holiday with us but I forgot at home) have other ideas by beckoning me. They have the upper hand at the moment what with me venturing back to work after being at home for the year with our little girl and said little girl starting daycare for the first time on Monday. Needless to say mommy is a feeling a slight bit fragile and chocolate seems to have some power of hypnotising me into the belief that if I eat it I will feel better. It certainly helps the emotions in that line, but when I step onto the scale (and have to lean forward to look over my belly which I thought would have been a distant memory a year after having had a baby) I am aghast at the lies it tells LOL.

Some of my resolutions include: healthy eating and exercise, spending more time reading my Bible and praying (sadly that took a backseat the last year with having had a baby - it is no excuse but it is my reason) as well as being more regular at church and possibly joining a Bible study group. Theh there is the photo a day and blogging. Today I thought I really ought to do some scrapbooking of Joscelyn's first year. We are slowly getting the house sorted so another positive and finally to not sit around and wait. I have this habit of waiting to see what others may do and then want to blame them for me not getting done what I would like to. I think it is time to move on. And perhaps also to try and reach out to others. 2011 was all about Joscelyn and I am sure all the years to come will be about her but as she gets older and gets more independent I hope to look out a bit more. One of my facebook friends had a status that said something like "Do unto others even if they don't do unto you". Don't expect anything in return, look out and value those around you. I think that little bit of advice could go so far as changing the world. What do you think?

That's it for tonight.


PS Hangover 2 was a bit disappointing. I didn't care much for the soundtrack and didn't find it as funny as the first one. They alsmost seemed to be trying too hard to be funny. That is just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment