Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy. Sad. Leap year day.
















February 29th. A whole extra day this year and how did I spend it? Well it was my off day which meant Josci and I went to her swimming lesson this morning. She enjoyed it for the most part, except the part where she had to lie on her back. She was fine with it last week but not to thrilled this week. The same goes for bathing. She performs each night now before bathing and doesn't want to stay in for too long. I hope this passes because bath time has the potential to be such a fun time.

Monday night I made yoghurt again. The first few times I have made strawberry and I quite liked it. I decided to try vanilla. All I can say is that it tates like pudding it is so yummy. Jos loves her yoghurt so I gave her some of it and she polished it off (even tried to lick the bowl out!)

I also made bobotie for dinner and bonus - enough for tomorrow nigh too. So after Zumba we are sorted, hubby doesn't have to try cook and entertain Jos, who is pretty needy at this time of day, making cooking or anything that does not involve holding her or being near enough for her to jump on you, impossible.

Jos spent much of the day trying to get up into a standing position. It was so funny to see her 'walk' (wobble) past me in the bathroom. She did it over and over again and despite a few flops she is slowly getting the hang of getting into a standing position and taking a few steps.

When daddy got home, I didn'e even hear the garage door open, I just heard Jos squeal and crawl off at a speed. Only then did I hear the door and realise she knew daddy was home and was eager to see him. Once again they went outside (while I slaved away over the stove LOL) and Jos rode her pink bike with her crocs and sunnies. She absolutely loves it and races around on her little bike as fast as her skinny legs can carry her.

I am on the mend too, although it seems the pills make me rather tired or maybe that is just a side effect of mastitis? I don't know. I still felt a little feverish this morning - well like I was having hot flushes and a little bloated - but I am coping and things are subsiding. Woohoooo.

On a sad note, my uncle (my dad's brother) passed away today. He has been ill for a while and was suffering. As one gets more ill and you have to take more meds, it just seems to be a vicious cycle - one thing gets better, but often a problem is caused elsewhere. A husband, a father, a son, a brother, a friend. No doubt he will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment