Wednesday, February 15, 2012

3am


3am. Josci is wailing. Daddy goes in, she falls asleep in his arms after a nappy change. He puts her in her cot and the 'shouting' starts again. We leave her for a bit in hope that she might drift off on her own. Nope, there is still much protesting going on. Mommy wonders if she may be thirsty. Head to the kitchen, put some water in a bottle in case she is thirsty. Go into her room to find her sitting in her cot, holding on to her 'dolly' for dear life and drenched in tears. Talk about manipulation already!!! As soon as I pick her up, she flops her head on my shoulder, silence. Yes, well almost the only sound is a 'click click' as she sucks her thumb. I offer her some water, she swats it away. I sit on the bed and then it happens. Her head partly resting on my chest, her cheeks gently tickling my chin eyes and I feel it. Her gentle, satin soft eyelashes fluttering against my cheek. Butterfly kisses. In the darkness, cuddling my baby girl her eyelashes whispering to my heart. Every flutter reminding me of how blessed I am to have this little girl in my life. 3am didn't seem so dark then. Her hand prints are scattered on my soul, embracing it. My frustration is replaced by sheer love, joy and complete contentment as I stroke her hair and hold her on my chest, close to my heart. This is my daughter. For her it is cuddles for me a cherished moment, imprinted in my memory forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment