Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Coffeeeeeee


















I have no idea why this is underlined or how to get it to stop. I see place to edit boldness or write in italics but not underline. Sorry! Anyway, my morning cup of coffee was what I desperately needed! After a wake up at some point in the night then a 4am wake up, although Joscelyn was ready for the day, I was not. We took turns going in from 4, it felt like forever. We finally got her to sleep...or so we thought when 10 minutes later she was awake again (and the first part from four went on for more than 40 minutes I suspect) then she cried and stopped every 10 mintes at least - very disturbed sleep - until 5.30. Jacques got up then, thankfully, and I managed to get another hour in. I cursed it though and said to Jos the night before that I am off today so we can have a sleep in. Never, I tell you, NEVER do that - there really seems to be an unwritten curse!!!

Still feeling a bit out of sorts today. So many changes I suppose with Jos being at daycare, me working again and having to learn new stuff, deal with work related issues, then trying to get stuff done around the house which seems impossible! Joscelyn is becoming very whiny and sitting near me while I do stuff is not good enough for her. She pulls up on my legs and wants to be held much of the time. I give her loads of cuddles and althoguh she does play a bit on her own, she soon realises she is 'alone' and then the whining and crying begins again. Today she had all of 30 minutes in naps. She fell asleep on the way home from swimming this morning. Usually I can take her out the car and pop her in her cot. This morning as soon as I put her in her cot. She wailed. I left her a bit thinking she might settle, but no, that did not happen. I got her up and we had a little play, then lunch and she was rubbing her eyes so I put her in her pram with her bottle of milk and she fell asleep. I thought I would use the opportunity to have a little rest too. I couldnt have been laying down very long, the wailing began. It was exhausting! She comes out and is happy to be out but then is super cranky. I wish I knew what to do?! I really want us to have fun days on my days off, not cranky ones.

Let's hope it is just a little rough patch - maybe she can sense my emotions and is acting on it, coupled with slowly being weaned (down to one breast feed a day) and still adjusting to daycare.

Holding thumbs for a happy Thursday and even happier Friday when I am off again.

Now to sleep...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment