Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Slip sliding, sand slinging and other saga's















I love my days off with my little monkey. She is all over the place and into everything. We had a swimming lesson this morning (Well I think she just goes for the toys and toddlers! Very little leg or arm action happens LOL) she fell asleep on the way home. I put her in her pram and she slept for just over an hour then started whimpering. I lifted her out (she likes to wake 'gently') and she fell asleep on my tummy/chest. She lay on my for a chest almost 45 minutes, well until the guy who was due to come check the smoke alarms knocked so hard he may have bashed the door down! I wonder how long she would have slept for? Her nap schedule seems to be changing with sometimes only one nap. She is tired by 10.30 /11 am though so this means that by the evening she is a bit clumsy and teary.

Anyway we had a good day. I saved her a cupcake that I baked on Sunday. I didnt want to give it to her in an afternoon after she gets home from daycare for fear she would be hyper so she munched most of it before swimming this morning.

Swimming once again went well. Later in the day she insisted on going outside (by pointing and banging on the sliding door) She headed for her sandpit and also wanted to slide but due to the rain it was wet and the grass is her usual 'soft landing, so I had to bring it inside to humour her and much slidign took place in the comfort of the lounge. She even pretended to have a little sleep on it.

It is amazing to see how and what she finds fascinating. Our bathroom bin is like her treasure chest. She was thrilled to find a broken baby proof gadget in there and a soap wrapper. She loves toilet rolls and took to emptying out daddy's bedside-table drawer - drawn to the things we do not want her to have - a small pin badge, a light bulb, and her favourite - an allen key. (I have no idea how you even spell that!! or why all these things are in his drawer anyway without any babyproofing things to prevent her snooping.)

We spent much of the day indoors, we hung the washing on the clothes horse inside, she spent much of her time with her walking toy, up and down the passage, then there was some singing, heaps of playing, couch clinmbing, switching the lamp on and off over and over again. This was followed by emptying out the tupperware and all her plates in the kitchen while I unpacked the dishwasher and did some dishes.

I tell you what, she is really blossoming. We are so blessed to have this precious little person in our lives. She is a fascinating, curious little girl. She loves cuddles and definitely has my heart squished up against her cheek, hugging it tightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment