Monday, February 6, 2012

Gem squash.
















Sadly finding gem squash in Australia is not common. My friend at work, Bridgit, brought me these today. She has found a person selling them at a market. Her and I are going to try fish out the seeds, dry them out and try grow them, just wondering how they grow? Like a vine perhaps, I must look it up. So chuffed to have some gem squash and looking forward to eating them - I wonder if Joscelyn will enjoy it. She is very fussy so we will wait and see. What a delight to find them on my desk, I wasn't quite feeling like myself today so it was a nice surprise to brighten up my day.

I also finally joined the toy library. My mum's group clubbed together for Josci's birthday. I was meaning to get there but we went away then with daycare starting, the library then closed while they moved. Finally we are members for the year, this way we can hire and return toys - saves money, and kiddies outgrow their toys so quickly that it is a great way to keep up to date toys for them that are age appropriate. I saw some little slides, will be perfect when Jos can walk and we have our shadecloth up outside :) Yay yay.

The senior school had their swimming carnival today (house gala for my South African friends) so the school was pretty empty. I had lunch with some of my people from DE. We spoke about harmony week and how we should bring food from different cultures. Just talking about vetkoek, koeksisters, milktart etc made me want some yummy yummy SA food!

Work went fine today. No dramas which was good. Had a long talk with my work colleague about boldness (she is at the same church as us and we have been discussing boldness and how we sometimes lack it) It isn't always easy and we don't always get the answers we want or expect but we need to pray for boldness to speak the truth without fear...not always easy.

That is all for today. Have a happy week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment