Monday, February 27, 2012

Bright spot

Thanks Jacqui – you rock :)

You're the bright spot in my day.


Hello :)


Not quite a photo today but rather an email I received from a work colleague today. It kind of made my day despite waking up feeling like death warmed up - feverish, nauseous and very sore swollen 'ankles' (boobs) and then visitng the doctor only to find out I have mastitis (And tennis elbow in my left elbow - I am right handed and do not play tennis?) Anyway, little things can be the 'bright spot' in an otherwise 'dull' day.

A pack of antibiotics, pain killers and a hefty couple of dollars later and I am all set to beat - no not in tennis- to beat mastitis. (and hopefully this elbow) I hate taking antibiotics, they smell hideous, but rather that than this getting any worse.


On a brighter note, Joscelyn welcomed the new boy to daycare in a most delightful fashion. She apparently got up clse to him and showered him with several cheesy grins. She was apparently much more smiley than usual (perhaps a little crush LOL) and ensured that Isaac felt most welcome by handing him toys and ensuring she passed him toys and shared with him. How very cute. I do hope that this is a glimmer of the little girl that is going to emerge, a little girl who will be the 'bright spot' in somebody's day.

This week I have learnt (from myself and from Josci) that it isn't hard to make a little effort and it can really go a long way. It isn't about being recognised, it is just about being yourself and not letting others influence your judgements or to treat anyone any differently for no apparent reason.

I hope I can keep being like this. IF I want my little girl to be like this I need to set an example.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment