Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Power to the people















I am still very grateful to have power today, especially after fetching Jos from daycare today and they were still without power. The kiddies couldn't play outside due to all the rain flooding the play area which meant they were restricted to being indoors with no electricity. The staff could not warm up the little ones lunch or milk etc. And yet, they were still smiling! I take electricity for granted and just expect it to be on all the time, it is good to have a gentle reminder. Like when one is unhealthy, you so long for good health and so I look forward to be completely well again so that I can enjoy that too. We need these gentle reminders so that we remember to appreciate everything we have, those day to day luxuries we expect but that are 'luxurious' for those living a life of poverty. A steak, a hot bath, a chocolate - all things so easy to access for us, yet some people are starving, will never know electricity or enjoy a luxurious hot bath. They will not taste a choclate, sip a milkshake, lie on a soft bed, enjoy warmth in winter or a glorious blanket. Thank you Lord for all you have given me. I am so privileged and blessed. In saying that, help me to help others. Help me to see needs, to appreciate what I have but also to give up some of my 'luxuries' to help fellow man. This is how we make the world a better place, we do. We stop saying and thinking, we do. Please help me help the world - I need to wake up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment