Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Feel the love

I was on a bit of a high on Monday. 4 hours sleep had the opposite effect on me and made me a bit hyper (quite the contrary today) Anyway, during the holidays I was thinking about loving others and having compassion (I was feeling the love at work yesterday, just loving all my colleagues despite our differences and quirks). It can be easy to judge someone and think they are not worthy of our affections, sympathy, time or attention. Despite how we feel, and how easy it is to neglect what God calls us to do, we should set aside our 'petty' differences and do it anyway.

My parents have taught me so much and this is just one of the lessons I have learnt watching them. They are not pushovers or vulnerable or naive, no, they are genuinely awesome people who are able to put their judgements aside and do what we should be doing for our fellow man, serving one another. It can be hard helping 'idiots' but we are to do our bit. IF everyone was like my parents, the world would be a fabulous place (it would also be very tidy and there would be no weeds :))

No comments:

Post a Comment