Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Weird Wednesdays and hamburgers

Today I had a hamburger for lunch at school. I dont usually work on Wednesdays but I swapped days with Jos being unwell. IT was weird to work on a Wednesday. Maybe it is all in my head, but the day felt somewhat like a dream plus it confused me thinking it was Thursday then Monday and being a bit like 'huh?' Anyway, the tuckshop is open on the days i do not work, so since I was at work this on a tuckshop day I got to indulge in a hamburger :) It wasnt too bad except for all the onion pieces in the patty. They could really cook the onion before putting it into the patty haha. Day two of nosespray and things still feel somewhat normal. There are several side effects - apparently boobs getting smaller is one of them (i dont remember this from last time) also headaches and crankiness and hot flushes - those I do remember. I have set my alarm for the evening to remind me to spray then - it can get a bit chaotic that time of day with dinner, bathtime, dishes, chasing after Jos etc. Jos slept really well last night and then had a 2 hour nap at daycare today. Hope fully that doesnt mean she will be up with the sparrows tomorrow. She was having a bit of a sleep in (by that i mean until 6.45am at the latest, there was one morning of 7am!) until a few days ago, i wonder if the sun rising earlier has anything to do with it? Perhaps I need to invest in some blackout for her room. Other than that work was pretty much the same. They wanted me to go on the field day trip to Gladstone tomorrow and take Jos - a 4 hour car ride. You have got to be kidding me (the workshop is only on Friday so it would be spending the night) - we take at least 5 if not more hours to get to Brisbane which is actually only a 3 and a bit hour drive. I am seeing the chiropractor once a week now. I am trying to do some walking, my stretches and then of course my thursday Zumba :) Hubby's eyes are still a bit sore and he is taking strain without coffee - well the withdrawals of headaches and geneeral malaise seem to be taking its toll. I am sure he will be through the worst of it soon. Well that is all from me today I think. Tomorrow will probably be another busy day and then Friday I am off again with my little chook. On Saturday we are going to a second birthday party and probably have a BBQ and make some bread. Oh yes, I made dough yesterday to make vetkoek. I should have made more dough but I also think I neeed to use a different dough mixture - any suggestions? There are several recipes in my bread maker book but the baked bread vs the plain bread dough have different ingredients in them??? But they were okay and it was super nice having them again after so long as trying to buy bread dough in this place is like trying to find hens teeth! I reckon I need to experiment a bit :) Maybe roosterkoek next :) Until next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment