Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday morning singing

I have been super slack with my blogging. I am sorry once again. I started really well and then the April holidays arrived and it seems I have never quite gained momentum again. So here is to a new start. Perhaps not as much as daily blogging, but let's see how we go. We have a staff meeting and devotion every Monday morning. I was feeling a bit concerned after dropping Jos off with her pink swollen eyes, but then we did something different. We sang together as a staff. I will add the song here when i find it, but it was a great and unifying way to start the day. I felt inspired and at ease. Thank you Gary :) We have had a few good devotions on a Monday and I am often reminded how much i fall short. I think in particular of our very erratic church habits at the moment. It is not a very pleasant experience right now. Jos will not sit still or even be held. She wants to walk around and hollers at the other one of us sitting down at that moment. She wants us both to go exploring the surrounds and is not happy to sit in the confines of the creche. We take turns to accompany her each week but she does not want to stay in there despite all the toys, books, colouring untensils and other goodies scattered around the place. They dont have Sunday school either really for her age and up. They have Sunday school for the older kids but it us before church?? Anyway, we try and persevere and need to make more of an effort even if neither of us ends up hearing much of a message.There is always something that will stick. In the short bit i heard yesterday and talking about generosity, i was reminded of the verse 'Seek FIRST the kingdom of God". I sometimes forget the FIRST part and think that seeking is enough. Nope, first dear, first! So that was a great reminder of something I knew already. Over the weekend Joscelyn's one eye looked a little red but I thought she had smeared some cream into it. Apart from eating toothpaste, pouring her cereal/juice from one bowl/cup to another, trying to eat milk off a teaspoon from a cup, she now is desperate to smear cream on herself. She watches me put moisturiser on so she rubs cream on her face..any cream she can get. The other day it was camphor cream, today i found her eating hair gel then smearing that on her hands and face! Anyway, I thought she might just have gotten some cream into her eyes but then the nextdoor eye got red but i then thought, maybe an allergy. There has been some gunk, but not too much and then I discovered one of the kiddies at daycare went home with conjunctivitis last week. I made a doctor appointment (saw a random and not a very friendly doctor - my doc is away until wed!! She has been away for a while...i miss her!) HE said she 'probably' has conjunctivitis and said she must stay home tomorrow too. So we got our eye drops and here we are - a pink eyed little monster (although dont call it pink eye in Aus, it seems no one has a clue what you are talking about LOL) Jos is still very busy and not too bothered by the eye business except when i try wipe her eyes with saline and put the drops in - it is easier getting a pill down a cat's throat!! Nuff said! Anyway, I hope she feels better soon. We will keep an 'eye' on it and hopefully not contract it ourselves. It is late and later than i usually stay up so I need to head off to bed. For those who do read, the ivf journey begins again. We need prayer, just for stress levels I think. I am a little overwhlemed (i only discovered this recently haha - i really should know myself by now) So to the nose spray tomorrow morning I salute you and hopefully we have another fruitfull outcome. I will keep you updated..this is pretty scary writing about the journey out here...let's see how it goes. Hold on:)

No comments:

Post a Comment