Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The journey begins...

The IVF journey begins again. I started with my nose spray today. One puff, twice a day and hopefully I dont forget! I felt pretty okay this morning but had a dizzy spell hit straight after my evening squirt - but that could just be because I am tired after not sleeping well last night and going to bed too late. I usually work on Tuesdays but stayed home to 'care' for Jos who has conjunctivitis. In my opinion she has had it pretty mildly but daddy seems to be suffering from red, itchy eyes and light sensitivity. He also gave up coffee as of today, so the withdrawal headache has not helped matters. HE seems to be wearing the cranky pants today - my mantra at home is 'there is only room for one person in cranky pants at a time in our house' so he is lucky Jos has been pretty happy. She has a few eye rubs and getting those drops in her eyes have been near impossible. She forces her little eyes shut and then swings her arms in front of her body. It is a two person job as one person has to hold her arms and the other try open her eyes and get the drops in. We have not been very successsful in getting the drops into open eyes, so I just let it pool in the corner until she opens up and hope something gets in. Phew! I gave up coffee on August 1st in preparation for this and hubby today (he gave up coffee, I didnt give him up LOL). I suffered some nasty headaches which is pretty unusual considering I didnt drink that much coffee. Usually one cup a day, two on an odd occasion. It is amazing how addictive the stuff is and what it does to your body if this is what happens when you stop.Anyway, he only has a month or so to go so I am sure he will survive on Rooibos tea :) I went walking again today. Last week i did 3 walks and one zumba. This is the first walk of this week, my last walk being on Sunday. It was good to get out and do some exercise although i did feel a bit sluggish today. While I was walking I crossed paths with an elderly gentleman who was on one of those car like/motorised wheelchairs. I greeted him, he greeted me back and then said 'I wish I could do what you are doing.' It reminded me how easy it is to take something so simple for granted and how every day I have so very very much to be thankful. How blessed we are to just be able to walk, see, hear and everything else. Some Jehovah's witnesses swung by our house today. Luckily Jos was hollering from the bathroom 'wee wee' so they did not stay long. They read me a passage from the Bible and I told them I do go to church. They were not as pushy as the ones I usually encounter and left without giving me any pamphlets... Anyway, to the hormones and getting my crazy on, perhaps there will be a few interesting events in the next few weeks or perhaps it will be all smoothe sailing with only a few hot flushes. Let us see. Good night, my eyes cant keep open any longer Until next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment