Thursday, August 23, 2012

Clowning around

My head of department is doing some work for one of our other colleagues and needs access to her computer as she is working from home at the moment. He has now moved out of his office and to the desk across the room from me. He is funny and a bit particular. He always gives me a hard time about the angle of my computer screen among other things and just teases me a fair bit. Today my colleagues went up to Gladstone and are staying over the night as they have a workshop day tomorrow (our Distance Ed families in the area make an effort to get there and there are several activities to keep them busy) It is about a 4 hour drive for us, they were only going to leave very early tomorrow morning but decided to rather go up the night before. I was invited at the last minute and to take Jos up - they have a car seat in the car but I declined. The day before is a little short notice and Jos is not a happy traveller. They would have to stop a lot! And there is no way I would drive that far in my own car with Jos. Then i am also taking my hormone spray and boing out of a routine could mean me forgetting or something. I think i might go on the one to the Gold Coast in October, but I wont take Jos, it is also an overnight one. Anyway back to my sory. So when i got back to my desk the computer tech and another guy were busy with my PC - there is a problem with the hard drive and they were replacing it and doing all that computery stuff. I took my MAC and went to sit at David's (HOD) desk. I then took a photo of his 'precious' stamps and my MAC on his desk. I really should have made more of an effort to really mess it up and spread papers over the desk LOL. I then took a photo and sent it to Sarah (they were all travelling up in one car) and asked her to show him. IT wasn't long before they were ringing me and he was telling me to leave his stuff alone, especially his beloved stamps. There was much laughter from their side :) Hubby has told me I am the quite the joker ( i think he might of used the word clown!!) A little bit of fun in the workplace is a must, I firmly believe that :) On another note, I was all excited for Zumba today but it was cancelled :( The poor instructor is sick, so it's not her fault but I was all packed and ready to get my Zumba on. I really want to get my skinny on but that is not happening!! And now with hormones, who knows if it will happen anytime soon. I probably should have gone for a walk and I was planning on it, but hubby and I have been feeling so flat the past few days. With Jos being unwell, starting the hormone spray and hubby giving up coffee has taken a bit of toll plus we have both had busy days at work this week. At least i am off tomorrow and Jos and I can hang out :) We also took ribs out freezer to defrost to pop them on the BBQ tomorrow night...not really helping with getting my skinny on!

No comments:

Post a Comment