Sunday, September 2, 2012

My week

So last week began with a lovely morning devotion by one of my lovely colleagues, Kylie. I enjoy our Monday morning staff gatherings and some hit the spot more than others. Kylie showed us this youtube clip of Derek Redmond - it is below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5dgJwEvhrA She tied it in with Father's day, and having our Eternal father beside us all the way. She also gave out little pieces with scripture on and a space to write. The one for someone you appreciate. Jacques wrote my name on his one and I wrote his name on mine. There was also one for someone who is going through a struggle. I put down my friend Karin (she worked with me in South Africa then moved to New Zealand) she was once again facing a battle with cancer (she had breast cancer in SA and overcame it) Since then however she sadly passed away (Sept 1) and leaves a husband, and 2 daughters and many loved ones behind. It can't be easy losing a loved one. I was aware that her time was limited but it is still so sad. I became aware that she was rather unwell again on facebook and then her husband put a few updates on her page. Messages streamed in - messages of memories and happy times. Many farewelled her too. I am sure that Jesus is running alongside that family now. Anyway, that was not meant to be that sad but it makes us appreciate life that bit more, realise and enjoy our blessings. Tuesday hubby stayed home sick but came in the afternoon for an important meeting. He fetchec Jos from daycare. She came up to my desk and was picking up my work phone saying "Allo" - she is so cute. When I got to the car then I found a book titled "Guess how much I love you' placed on the steering wheel (we swapped cars coz only the one car has a carseat) Isn't he sweet. He ordered it a while back and it arrived in the post that day. Wednesday hubby was still unwell and I was starting to feel a bit under the weather. I felt guilty but rang daycare and they had a spot for Jos. I got to have a 2 hour morning nap - just what I needed I think. The morning was rather busy though because we dropped Jos off then the car had been booked in for a service a few weeks earlier so we dropped it off and had to get back home (after quickly buying some meds) for an ant inspection that had also been scheduled earlier in the week. While the termite people were here the postman arrived with big box...my vacuum cleaner...I was so happy coz i really missed it. The little clip that coonects one part to another broke off. We took it back to the store where we bought it but they said to ring the manufacturer. I rang them. They organised collection. A guy fetched on Tuesday of the previous week and I was not sure what the outcome would be (they can choose not to replcae it if they think it is not a manufacturing fault) I was not sure what to expect. This was Wednesday when a BRAND NEW vacuum cleaner arrived in the post. How amamzing. Our car service also was less than the previous one (Dealerships esp big ones rob you!! Our guy is a nice small one but seems to do a good job as more than pne person has recommended him) Thursday hubby returned to work. I still felt a little off colour so I sadly missed Zumba and it was cancelled the previous week due to the instructor being unwell. I ordered a pink shirt online - it arrived in the post. Yays :) Friday the hormones were definitely taking their toll plus a TERRIBLE hive outbreak. I had a teary start to the day. I was so thrilled when a parcel arrived in the post:) It really brightened up my day. A package from my sister-in-law, Kimmy containing a magazine, chocolate and 'real' utensils for Jos. All she is interested in is the knife! She stabs food with it as if it is a fork and tries to eat food off of it like a spoon! Jos and I also went to the shop to get daddy some father's day presents. We went to Bunnings (hardware store) first and then to Big W. We also got Jos 2 cute sets - 2 pairs of tights and 2 shirts plus one yellow shirt - i like yellow. Hubby still wasnt well and went to see the doctor and I also went with my itchies. We went together. Jos was very unhappy and cried when the doc listened through the stethoscope, checked our temps and looked in our ears. I was first and her little lip just folded downwards and then she cried and said 'mommy mommy'. This was repeated with daddy too. Hubby was given some antibiotics and I sadly coudl not take anything since IVF is looming... Anyway, hopefully we are all on the path to recovery. Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment