Sunday, September 16, 2012

Flu, flu go away - weekend of 1/2 September

Following that crazy week of sickness and all the rest, my hubby was just not getting better. Needless to say I was a little concerned that his cough and malaise were just not budging. I was still feeling unwell and the hives were out in full force once again so we all marched off to the doctor on Friday afternoon. Hubby was given antibiotics. I was not as sick as him and with IVF looming the doctor was afraid to prescribe anything for my being sick (not nearly as sick as hubby though) and for the hives. She said if we were not doing UVF she would give me prednisone...I am not much of a fan of cortisone stuff unless a must. I was also using telfast less and less - meaning more hives. (I am trying to eat a little more healthily - the hives did dwindle a little but come and go) I asked her if a sort of detox might help and she said to try it and has also referred me to an immunologist in Brisbane - his next available appointment is only in December. Poor Jos was beside herself in the doctor's room. She hated the doctor using the stethoscope, checking temperature etc...and that was on us, not even on her. Her little lip dropped as she first saw mommy, then daddy being examined. She was quite distraught (this happened also when i painted my toenails - she cried for some time when she saw my toenails - I popped some nailpolish on one of her toes and this did not sit well with her. She cried and performed and was only calm once i had removed it again) Hubby started the antibiotics and still felt horrid. He managed to venture out with us on Saturday morning but by the afternoon - well getting home he dropped into bed and slept...which is very unlike him. I took Jos out to the park and just tried to keep her entertained while he relaxed a little. On Sunday was father's day in Aus. We got daddy a few goodies for his BBQ including a rotisserie. Poor daddy still wasnt feeling well so Jos and I went to the big park and had a long play there. She fell asleep in the car and had a decent nap and in the afternoon we went to the park up the road, again to give daddy some time to relax and sleep. He really wasnt well although managed to cook for us on the BBQ. Sad to say our weekend was more abou missing each other than seeing each other and hubby still hadnt improved much despite getting meds!

No comments:

Post a Comment